The Dragon FIRE 9.5" Chef's Knife is designed for slicing, dicing, and chopping a full range of fruits, vegetables, and more. With its curved belly, the Chef's knife can be gently rocked through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince. Dragon is constructed of 2.5-mm thick Nitrogen-Enriched American BD1N Steel, hardened to a Rockwell Hardness of 63. This extremely robust one-piece construction features extreme sharpness and edge retention. The handle is made of FDA approved red resin and linen Canvas Micarta with three stainless steel rivets. The canvas material is dyed red and brilliantly finished to last for decades. The end-cap of the handle is made of 18/10 stainless steel, which provides outstanding stability and balance.
Unlike regular Dragon knives, the Dragon Fire range is inspired by a French design, with longer, straighter edges. It is a thinner, lighter stock using 2.5mm thickness of steel, while the Dragon range is 3mm thickness. The knives are fully ground, and are 30% lighter weight than regular Dragon knives.
- Constructed of 2.5-mm thick Nitrogen-Enriched American BD1N Steel for great heft, durability and sharpness
- Handle features a fully cast double bolster with durable Spanish Linen Micarta scales
- FDA approved black resin and linen Canvas Micarta handle with three stainless steel rivets
- Rockwell Hardness of 63; clean with warm water and mild detergent, dry thoroughly
- 16° blade angle; knife bevel is equal on both sides (50/50) for sharpness, strength, and durability
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan from American BD1N steel with a lifetime warranty
- UPC: 888106006900